Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Donald Edward Bragg & Diane Sims Bragg Scholarship

The UCLA Economics Department has a variety of resources that benefit Economics and Business Economics majors. There are some great scholarships and internship programs that I wish I had looked into earlier in my career at UCLA. These include the Sharpe Fellows Program which gives students an opportunity to work closely with a mentor. I suggest that all UCLA students (and all college students for that matter) check out their department's website regardless of the their major. They won't regret it.

That's the beauty of a big institution like UCLA. It teaches you to be proactive and to seek out things even you didn't know you were looking for. I was a little late in the ball game, but didn't hesitate to jump onboard once I knew what was out there.

I applied for The Donald Edward Bragg and Diane Sims Bragg Scholarship over the summer and was delighted to find out on 9/16/2011 (my brother's 25th birthday) that I was the 2011-2012 recipient! I don't know how many people applied for the award, but it nonetheless feels amazing to be honored for my academic achievements.

Check it out here.

(Caution: The website designer either really likes my picture or had a little trouble on the design end of things because my "headshot" is GIGANTIC. My apologies on his/her behalf)

No comments :

Post a Comment