Thursday, January 24, 2013

Movement is a Lifestyle

I have set many goals for myself this year, and one of them is to further develop my own craft as a dancer and artist. There are many ways to accomplish this, but the approach that I am taking this year is to choreograph and teach more.

That is why I snatched up the opportunity to teach at Movement Lifestyle when the studio manager asked if I was interested. And for the entire month of January I am the featured contemporary teacher. I will even start subbing at Edge PAC as a contemporary/jazz teacher very soon. In fact, my very first class is next Friday (2/1) at 1:00PM!





While I am not exactly a novice at teaching class, I am completely new to the dance education scene in LA. To me, teaching in LA is drastically different from teaching in my home town. For one, a majority of the dance population in LA are professionals. These kind of dancers seek a different kind of training than that sought by recreational and non-professional students. 

For what it's worth, I've very much enjoyed my 3:30PM slot at ML thus far. My classes have been small and therefore very intimate. 

Tomorrow will be my 4th class of the month, and I will be teaching to an awesome Haim song:


You only have 2 more opportunities to boogie with me on Thursdays this month at Movement Lifestyle at 3:30PM, so come while you can!!

No comments :

Post a Comment