Sunday, September 21, 2014

#AdventureswithKaren: Episode Brisbane & Sydney

My final two destinations in Australia were Brisbane & Sydney.

I finally got to live out one of my Australian dreams at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary in Brisbane. Not only did I see Australian wildlife like wallabies and dingos, but I also held a koala and walked amongst kangaroos:




I also checked a few things off of my list of things to do in Sydney, like visiting Bondi Beach and running across the Sydney Harbor Bridge. I even spent time in some of Sydney's hip neighborhoods, including Darlinghurst, Surry Hills, Paddington, and Newtown:

Bondi Beach


One of my favorite new finds in Sydney is Power Living Yoga, a wonderful yoga studio with locations throughout Australia. I was thrilled to finally find a studio with a power yoga practice:

Great quote in the yoga studio

And how could I be in Sydney without visiting the Museum of Contemporary Art? There were some familiar exhibits:



as well as a cool collection of works by Annette Messager titled, "Motion/Emotion":



I've always had great experiences in Sydney, and hope to be back again one day soon!

Next up on my journey around the world: The Middle East! 

No comments :

Post a Comment