Thursday, May 14, 2015

Mood Mondays - Episode 4

When I first heard Forest Gump say his infamous quote on life and chocolates, I didn't find it to be particularly true. "Life is like a box of chocolates," he says. "You never know what you're going to get."

But when I think about it now, the quote couldn't be closer to the truth. Each day in my life is like a single little morsel of chocolate. It can be full of yummy gooey caramel (amazing!), but it can also be filled with cloyingly sweet banana flavored cream (awful!).

And sometimes a banana flavored cream filled chocolate is so awful that even after I've reluctantly swallowed it, I can't get the terrible memory of the flavor out of my mind. I dwell on it so much that everything I eat seems to also be flavored like artificially sweetened banana cream.

Similarly, sometimes one singular event in a day can cause so much sadness that even after the moment has passed, I can't stop thinking about it or feeling sad. It's like I've transformed into Eeyore, in which a storm cloud follows me every step I take.


Episode 4 of Mood Mondays was filmed after an event that was really heartbreaking for me. While I won't go into detail about what happened, I hope that my movement was enough to demonstrate my emotions at the time. You can watch the full version on Vimeo at this link, or watch the slightly shortened and lower quality Blogger version:

Episode 4: "Station" by Lapsley
Mood: Heartbroken and defeated
Location: Silverlake, CA
Videographer: Selina Ruthe

No comments :

Post a Comment